After months of arranging we finally got the chance to interview the French streetwear influencer, Aude Julie
1. So, who are you and what is it that you do?
My name is Aude-Julie, “A-J” or just Aude. I am a fashion designer and creative consultant living in Paris. I have a streetwear and lifestyle blog named Basic is the mood.
2. What first attracted you to the streetwear fashion scene?
I have always loved streetwear. Ever since I was little I used to dress like my big brother, I was/am still a bit of a tomboy. So growing up I’ve always been attracted to the streetwear fashion scene, hip hop, sneakers etc.
3. What made you want to start your own blog?
I think just from people asking me questions on where I bought stuff and the fact of wanting to share with others my universe and looks. Also my blog is kind of a portfolio of my work.
4. What are the challenges you face within fashion?
I think the hardest thing these days is creating something new. Everything has been done. Renewing yourself but staying yourself!
5. What equipment do you use for your blogging?
My Macbook, iphone and camera.
6. What projects are you working on next?
Professionally I am working with brands on collections such as Project X Paris. Designing is my main job. For my blog I really want to dress people more, create editorials and stuff like that.
7. Which pair of sneakers are your favourite, and why?
Air max 95 OG. I bought them in Oxford pink (my fav colour) and they are for sure my favourite pair of sneaks! I love vintage pairs and these ones are the perfect mix between modern and old.
8. Who is your favourite female blogger and why?
Hard question, I stalk everyone on Instagram haha! I think my fav instagrammer is Chiara Capitani. She mixes high fashion and streetwear, love her style.
9. Describe your style in one word?
10. What does a rebel mean to you?
Follows her own rules, either for fashion, love or her every day life.